Things to be Happy About This Autumn

I’m not one to hide how much I dislike summer. Sure, summer in NYC was a lot cooler and less humid than summers in Tampa, but I still found myself cursing the heat as I walked to and from work. Autumn and winter are definitely my favourite seasons, but I think autumn comes out slightly ahead because of all its colours. I’m excited to spend my autumn in the northeast so I can fully appreciate all it has to offer. Here’s why I’m happy it’s autumn.

Cooler days

994055_10202581051030920_1239625254_n

Autumn in NYC seemed to come out of nowhere. It was in the 80s one Friday and in the 60s the next week. I’m loving this cooler weather; I just wish I had something besides summer clothes up here to enjoy it in…

Cozy weather

Is it just me, or does autumn weather just make you want to curl up on a comfy chair, light a candle, and read a good book (or binge watch Netflix)?

Tea (& other hot beverages)

10891616_10205887893339911_6529962005035838034_n

Don’t get me wrong, I still drink hot tea regularly in the summer. I love it too much to stop. But now I don’t have to feel like I’ll die of heat stroke after each cuppa. I can have as much tea as I wand :) I’m also looking forward to hot cider and mulled wine, but it’s still a little too early for that…

Colours

10847788_10205598524505871_219109825315740555_n

Nothing is prettier than trees in their red, orange and yellow hues of trees in autumn. My friend and I plan on driving out of the city and going up north to enjoy even more dramatic colours.

Boots

If I could, I would live solely in my combat and ankle boots year round. Unfortunately, I’ve been told they’re not appropriate to wear for spring and summer. But guess what…they’re back!

Exploring

10349193_10205397092630200_5240617638678020399_n

With cooler weather comes more motivation for exploration. Get ready for more posts of my NYC wanderings :)

What do you like about autumn?

things to be happy about this autumn

Musings
previous post
next post

9 Comments

Stephie @ A Cup of Creative
    4 October 2016 at 09:58

I can NOT wait for mulled wine! I actually might start this weekend, I don’t even care! Stephie xx

almathews
      4 October 2016 at 15:40

I know exactly what you mean! A friend and I were talking about making some this weekend because we can’t wait for it either :)

Camille
    12 October 2016 at 09:37

I agree – I cannot wait until summer is over and fall finally arrives. This post has me excited to do more fall activities!

Lindsay
    12 October 2016 at 10:16

This basically sums up exactly why Fall is my favorite season. I love Spring for its feeling of newness and Summer for the fun but Fall just feels like it’s the perfect fit for me – like I’m at home.

almathews
      18 October 2016 at 17:04

My thoughts exactly! I just feel so much more comfortable in fall. It has all the best qualities. Thanks for your comment :)

Lisa @ The Merry Momma
    12 October 2016 at 13:21

I love fall, too! Sweaters & boots, apples & pumpkins, pretty leaves & scenic drives …
    Now that I have kids, one of my favorite things about fall is going to pumpkin patches and apple orchards. Outings are a lot more fun when it’s not blazing hot or bitingly cold. Fall is the perfect time for fun family excursions!

almathews
      12 October 2016 at 20:08

I remember going to pumpkin patches and apple orchards. I haven’t been in ages but going to pick apples at an orchard is on my list for this autumn! Autumn is such a fun time to explore…it has the perfect seasonal outings!

Jennifer
    12 October 2016 at 16:56

I 100% agree with you! I am a cooler weather girl as well. (Everyone thinks I’m crazy) I just adore fall! Leggings, Uggs, coffee and tea anytime of the day! Love your pictures!

almathews
      18 October 2016 at 17:02

Exactly! The cooler weather is so much better! Thanks for your comment!